Alma chapter 29 verse 8

Doing The Lord's Errand In Sierra Leone


A missionary blog of Elder & Sister Neves and their experiences in Sierra Leone Freetown West Africa and adjacent cities and towns in 2010 and 2011.



For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is this your mama or some movie star?

One fine afternoon Sister Neves said to me,
"Elder Neves, its time we explored the other
side of the island". To save a little bit of grief
and misery I said surely I will my sweetheart.










We went there once at night without any
idea of where we were going only following
tail lights but this time it was on our own.












We headed into Congo Cross by way of
King Harmon and pretty soon by golly we
were crossing the Aberdeen bridge where
the rebels had tossed over whomever they
didn't like.






The big Atlantic looks you right in the eye and
you can almost see the United States of America
from the bridge.












We traveled on around and for heck sakes found
ourselves at the old famous Lumley beach.
Sister Neves had to take her shoes off and give
her a tumble.





At first I thought it might be a little mermaid
coming in the distance.








As she came closer the mirage appeared more
and more like the woman I married back when
I married her.












The sea breeze does fine things to the little
sweetheart and she loves to walk the beach.













She has been asking to go back but unfortunately
we've been unable to find the time. I'll need to
go get it done in the next few days and let her get
some sand between her toes again.





The pictures don't show the beggars, the garbage,
or the burned out road behind the beach nor the
UN helicopters flying over occasionally.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me; I have so enjoyed looking at the pictures and seeing how happy you both look as you serve the Lord in that part of His vineyard. If you don't mind, I'm going to forward the link to my sister, Mary, so she can show it to my mom (Joyce) cuz she doesn't have a computer. She will also love to see you and the work you are doing! Hope all is well!
Dawn (Rawson) Sorensen